This position is primarily responsible for coordinating and overseeing the successful operation of one, or more ships through the flow of information to Hotels, Ground Suppliers, Cruise Managers, Ships and other European Staff and internally with the Los Angeles Office by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Work to a set Calendar of tasks for day-to-day operations.
- Run reports.
- Validates accuracy of cruise manifests, and convey appropriate changes to necessary suppliers, and Operations Team in Los Angeles.
- Ensures Cruise Managers confirm services with ground suppliers in the appropriate amount of time, to ensure cost control through managing said confirmed services.
- Maintains accurate guest counts by shore excursion and cruise departure for costing control.
- Works with the Los Angeles Operations Team members to ensure all departures run smoothly.
- Helps coordinate the delivery of any custom services, requested by groups/charters.
- Helps answers operations questions from the Sales, Marketing and Reservations (Group and FIT) departments.
- Works with the Air Department when necessary to ensure new or changed air tickets are issued in time and accurately.
- Validates accuracy of guest edocuments and works to help amend corrections required within the reservation system.
- Emergency management in case of any disruptions of the cruise itineraries.
- Emergency phone duties.
- Quality control of all onboard services
- Quality control of all shore excursions, transfers, hotels and the suppliers that provide those services
- Quality control through the accurate monitoring and reporting of data to suppliers – either confirming services and passenger numbers or through accurate information on manifests and emails.
- Managing of itineraries in emergency situations.
Other skills, abilities, qualifications:
- Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication and computer skills.
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients, and customers.
- Operations experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of European river cruise ports and destinations desired.
- At least one year of experience required.
- Ability to analyze the risk, benefit, and impact of decisions on the present and future business environment prior to taking action.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Advanced spreadsheet and computer skills.
- Ability to work with internal and external senior level executives.
- Demonstrable competence in team building, development of objectives and goals, and goal accomplishments.
- Exceptionally strong leadership and management capabilities.
- Ability and willingness to travel, work on a flexible schedule including weekends, as well as being able to quickly adapt to new situations.
To apply please click this link https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-G5G00HOI9?u=136045. You will be asked to provide your name and contact email address and to upload your resume. As part of the application process, you will also have to complete two online tests, a Cognitive Aptitude Test and an Employee Personality Profile.